FREE ANNUAL EVENT FOCUSES ON UNDERSERVED
The Health Care Collaborative (HCC) of Rural Missouri develops, implements and supports regional programs that help create access to health education, awareness, prevention and treatment services. HCC’s Live Well Community Health Centers are located in Buckner, Carrollton, Concordia and Waverly.
These Federally Qualified Health Centers operate as full- service health clinics that accept all insurances including Medicaid and Medicare, as well as sliding-fee scales based on income for the uninsured. Buckner Project Connect is one of HCC’s community outreach initiatives that connect underserved and uninsured adults to community resources. This year’s Buckner Project Connect, held April 28 on National Drug Take Back Day, served 150 individuals.
Project Connect is a one-day public health clinic that provides essential services through community collaborations. All services are provided at no cost. Event partners include the Social Service Committee of Lafayette County and the Live Well Community Health Centers in collaboration with the REACH Healthcare Foundation, and Buckner Ministerial Alliance.
The Buckner Project Connect event included 100 volunteers – a third of these volunteers were youth. Additionally, there were 90 service providers from 50 different agencies. A breakdown of services provided at the event included:
● Teeth extractions – 16 individuals
● Affordable Care Act (ACA) enrollment – 11 individuals
● Haircuts – 27 individuals
● Manicures – 38 individuals
● Numerous hygiene products, cleaning products, and other
household supplies were distributed
● Birth certificates, including other vouchers for photo IDs –
● Acquired photo ID, driver’s license, or resolved Department of Motor Vehicle issues – 22 individuals
● Food stamp applications – 14 individuals
Additional Support Services
● Twin mattresses – 16 individuals
● Full mattresses – 6 individuals
● Sheet sets – 70
● Blankets – 150
● Pillows – 15
● Bicycles – 6 individuals
● Prescription drug take back – 54 pounds